.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Monday, February 28, 2005

News from the Political Grapevine...

This comes from a fan of the board:

Andy, I love The Rogers Institute. I can't wait to see if there have been new posts each day. I have tried several times to comment but so far it hasn't allowed me to... It doesn't matter what user name and password I pick. I particularly like the piece about Jimmy Walker... He stated to me on the first meeting he came to after the election before he was sworn in that he would not vote to lower the tax rate after the re-evaluation. He ran on low taxes. In fact everytime I ran into him he said everywhere he went that people wanted taxes to stay low. So much for his campaign promises. He wants that King clinic going again so his daughter can get back over there to work and won't have to drive so far to work... He is also working with Jerry Mitchell of the Save Stokes Group. I sure hope we don't get more like him in the next election. He would give away the store if he could. In fact he even wanted to give the Walnut Cove Library all of the $200,000 at one time instead of over the next 5 years.

As for the Editor of the Stokes News, stay tuned next week and see if her name is still on the page listing her as the editor. I think you will start to see some changes on the paper.

Keep up the good work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home