.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Nature Boy's 2 cents worth... (Thoughts on Terri Schiavo)

I hear everybody saying that if they were Terri Schiavo, they would want the feeding tube removed so they could die. Personally, if I were Terri Schiavo, I would want to live. The reason: Why would I want my "so called" spouse - who's been shacking up with another woman for years, in which they have 2 children together - make a life-&-death decision on my behalf??? If he wants to move on with his life, then fine, but divorce her... Let's face it, he hasn't been a devoted husband... Matter of fact, he's been an (_!_) hole. Why would I want an (_!_) hole making the decision on whether to starve me to death or not???

I know one thing, I recommend to everybody who reads this that they should get a living will... Just make sure in your will that you state that your spouse must not be sleeping around and having babies with other people when it's time to make the decision to "pull the plug"... I seriously doubt one's spouse will have one's best interests at heart.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I won't charge... -- Andy :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home