.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Monday, March 21, 2005

RE: More of the Terri Schiavo discussion...

Behethland B. Clark responds to Steve Brenneis:

I'm sure I don't know all the details of this case. I don't think anyone other than the family really knows what's going on here. I didn't presume that there were any ulterior motives on the part of the husband. I don't believe we should judge someone without knowing all the facts.

I suppose I am imposing my own emotions and experiences on this case and I shouldn't. Every situation is different.

I just find it very sad that a family's tragedy has become the top news story and the topic for idle gossip. Decisions like this are made everyday by average people who are trying to do what is best for their loved one. Unless you've been through this situation on a personal level, you shouldn't be so hard on those making the decision.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll probably be amazed at this, but on the topic of this family matter being dragged through the political process and the media, I agree wholeheartedly. It is a shame.

And the circus being created by the Congressional Republicans is nothing short of shameful. This needs to be handled within the confines of the laws of the state of Florida. If Jeb Bush actually had a spine, he would have used his executive powers to finish this. Now the GOP in Congress has opened the door once again to the complete destruction of Federalism. If the Supreme Court doesn't find this unconstitutional, we might as well shut down all the state governments and courts and replace them with US Government functionaries.

What a mess!

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home