.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Energy policy, wherefore art thou?

Behethland B. Clark responds to Steve Brenneis:

I tend to make my decisions and form my own opinions about things based on gut instinct. Then I do the research. I don't let other's opinions influence me. And I tend to embrace the opinions of those who agree with me. I think that's just human nature. A person who has no opinion one way or the other is scary and too easily influenced.

Of course there are tons of examples I could give about why I felt the war was a sham from day one. For one thing, I don't believe in war. For another, it was obvious to me that Iraq had nothing to do 9-11, therefore the reasons being fed to us for going were entirely bogus. Of course, that is evident now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home