.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Threat of Oil Drilling

Steve,

I didn't actually mean to use the CSM article for statistical data. Andy actually added that comment to preface my post. I posted that simply for interest. It has a little argument from both sides, but plays up some of the local opinion which I think becomes overlooked in all the "politics". Maybe this isn't the point of the Pulpit, but I just wanted to find an article that didn't take sides. I didn't think the fact that it was from 2001 made any difference in that regard, since this has been an on-going debate for years.

As for the USGS article, this was the most up-to-date research available. The article itself is current.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home