.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

RE: RE: RE: RE: Jihad begot the Crusades

Steve responds to Behethland:

"I have never read the actual Q'uran..."
I have read large parts of it. I am comfortable with what I said.

"I would like to hear the viewpoint of someone who practices that religion."

If that viewpoint differs from what is written in the Quran and what the imams have dictated, I would probably find it interesting as well. I would also wonder how anyone who varies from those teachings manages to call themselves Muslim. I would say the same thing about the New Testament and Christians as well.

"...fundamentalists preaching their narrow-minded doctrine and think that is what Jesus taught!"

You really do have that fundamentalist bogeyman thing going, don't you? Do you even know what a fundamentalist is? If you did, I daresay you would be surprised to find a lot of people you know (and respect) fall into that category.

"You are treading on dangerous ground when you begin to call another's religion false."

Me and Jesus. I'm comfortable with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home