.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Klan & American Terrorism

Behethland responds to Steve:

Interesting...

I wasn't aware of the rape and lynching of adulterers and "loose" women. I do know that the Klan is not fond of Jews.

I had a "discussion" with someone this weekend who was claiming that America doesn't have a history of terrorism. I asked him if he'd forgotten about the Civil Rights movement. I'm not sure what his point was, but he didn't seem to think that fit into the "terrorist" category.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home