.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

PBS: The Hyperbole Channel???

Behethland responds to Ruth Anne Adams:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with PBS. I LOVED Sesame Street as a kid, as well as The Electric Company, 123-Contact, and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. It is the only educational television for children, period.

Their adult programming is just as entertaining!! They aired a special last month called, "The Appalachians" and it was spectacular!! I sat and cried thinking about my family's history in this area. Antique's Roadshow is also one of my favorites, along with "This Old House" and the painting shows on Saturday morning. I especially like the dude with the afro.

I'm proud to say that I've already given my annual donation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home