.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

RE: Stokes struggles to balance needs, taxes in its budget

Steve Brenneis opines:

My, my, my. How far the mighty have fallen. This sounds like something we would have heard from Willis.

I also heard that the schools are only getting about 2/3 of what they asked for. Considering that the pinheads in the school administration usually ask for a gazillion dollars every year, 2/3 is probably still too much. I expect the schools could lop off a few guidance counselors in the interest of new ambulances. Or we could defund the Arts Council, from what I remember, that could buy quite a bit of equipment. I'll bet we could still squeeze a few more dollars out of Social Services and/or the Health Department as well.

Come on, Sandy. You can do better than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home