.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

RE: Stokes struggles to balance needs, taxes in its budget

Stokes County Commissioner Sandy McHugh responds to the article:

I didn't say I wouldn't vote for a tax cut. I said I wouldn't vote for a
budget that lowered the tax rate but didn't spend the money in the budget
responsibly. I wouldn't vote for a budget that didn't lower the tax rate but
didn't spend the money in the budget responsibly. To be honest, I didn't
really say anything about the tax rate. I said I wouldn't vote for a budget
that wasn't responsible. I actually proposed a budget last night that lowered
the tax rate and funded some much needed equipment and such but cut some
things that I don't think are necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home