.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Correction: Public School Bashing

I said: "Talk about squashing individuality and creativity!! Wow!!"

You said: "No, that's the job of the government-run schools."

OK. I want to know why you say this. I want to know what experiences you've had to make you believe that public schools make children drones. What about the learning experience in public school is detrimental to a child's creative self? Please.

If you say that you believe children start school too early and need more time to play and just "be kids", I will agree with you. If you say that strict dress codes suppress a child's creativity, I will agree with you. If you say that the arts aren't well represented in public school, I will agree. Somehow, I don't believe these will be the reasons you give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home