.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I have a better idea, how about if we don't force anyone not interested in learning to go to school? Or is that too much a "radical ultra-conservative idea?"

It certainly isn't a liberal idea, and I agree with you. I think I've said so before. Where we probably differ is the "age of accountability", if you will. Once a child turns 16, I'm all for them dropping out if that's what they want. They don't deserve a high school diploma and they certainly need to get out of the way and let others learn. But before 16, I'm not so sure a kid can make an informed decision. I would have stayed home every day in 1st grade if my mom had left it up to me! Sure glad she didn't.

(And you've called me an elitist liberal before. It's been a while ago.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home