.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, August 26, 2005

RE: RE: The Stokes News 'Letters To The Editor'

Steve said: "I can't understand why anyone thinks Ron Carroll has anything profound or even very useful to offer the political dialog. I also can't understand how he got associated with the Republican Party. He's even very liberal by Democrat standards. Maybe it was the Log Cabin Republicans that attracted him."

I'm confused here, and forgive my ignorance, Steve. But I think you should clarify this statement for myself and the readers of the BP: What do you mean by the "Log Cabin Republicans" attracting Mr. Carroll? Illuminate me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home