.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

RE: Priorities

Whoa! You read WAY more into my post than what I intended. I was actually trying to make a pretty simple point and you blew it out of proportion. It's clear to see why there is such turmoil in American politics. Instead of taking one's word at face-value, we try to read into it what we believe a person is saying based on their political party.

I'm not trying to push my beliefs on anyone. I'm just stating what they are. There is a difference. It's fine with me if other folks want to live the way that I described in my earlier post. What isn't fine is when their attitudes begin to affect my life. If that were my husband who was working all the time and didn't have time for me, it wouldn't be fine. Thank goodness he doesn't have that mindset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home