.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

RE: BP Poll Question

I generally tip around 15% of the total bill for good service. If the service is excellent, I will go as high as 18%. I have left a 20% tip maybe twice. Overtipping is in bad taste. If the service is only average, I usually drop down to around 10% and if the service really sucks I leave nothing and I usually don't go back. I will give a place a couple of chances in general, but two episodes of bad service will mean I will never darken their doors again. I have also left a penny on a couple of occasions. I never tip based on the quality of the meal. The tip is for the service, not for the food.

I will say that 10% may be okay if the minimum wage for waitresses wasn't so low.

Sheesh. And you keep claiming you're not a liberal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home