.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Are conservatives mean-spirited & hateful???

Someone by the name of "Chippigoo" opines:

To be fair, whenever I read a majority of Mr. Brenneis' posts back to Mr. Miller, they seem very hateful, judgmental, and generally spiteful. That's a tone that comes through the word choice and writing style. It has nothing to do with the actual commentary or subject matter. Blame Mr. Brenneis for the diatribe Mr. Miller posted. After all, it was seemingly his intention to get a rise out of Tucker, and to personally attack him.

In general, your blog is a playground where conservative bloggers get to poke fun and make demeaning comments to your politically liberal co-bloggers. This is definitely not a place to get a lesson on political discourse. It must make both of you conservatives very proud to know that other people you live around, work with, and commune with read this and see exactly what kind of hateful, mean-spirited people you are. You two should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm sure you won't post this, but let this be a message to whoever reads this first. People actually read what you type. People also gather their OWN opinions as to what kind of people post on this blog. As far as my opinion is concerned, it's stated above. These are MY opinions and observations. I know of others who have read this blog who see the same things I do. After all, I mainly read this blog to see what kind of hateful, nasty thing Mr. Brenneis will say next! Ha!

I don't blame Steve for Tucker's diatribe; I'm not even blaming Tucker for his own diatribe, I just wanted Tucker to at least offer some rebuttals (if he had any) to Steve's post.

I can't speak for the others, but I'm not hateful & mean-spirited; I'm actually a sweet, lovable fuzzball. :-)

I did chuckle when you wrote, "I'm sure you won't post this..." I actually broke one of my own rules by posting your comment because I always said I wouldn't post stuff from anonymous sources. If you feel so strongly about what you wrote, you should use your real name. You say that people who read the BP feel the same as you, and yet, you won't even put down your own name. Feel free to comment on any post, but at least use your real name, not some nickname like "Chippigoo." :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home