.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Monday, February 20, 2006

RE: The Very Rev.???

Charlie Tee opines:

Hi folks, I went to a Catholic military school in Virginia, and the Dean of my school was known as the "Very Reverend E.J.Figaro," and I asked him once what that term meant and Father Figaro explained that it meant "a man who was totally chaste, never breaking his vows toward Christ, and one who led a completely and honestly celebate life."
In Father Figaro,I found that to be very true, plus he was a man of character.Some of the other priests in my school weren't but, "Fr.Fig" always was fair and just.That meant alot to me as I am Muslim, he never tried converting me but was very accepting of my faith.
It's really too bad that so many priests went off the wagon.
I'm enjoying your blog,keep it up.
If you all hace a chance, please come visit mine at www.diffrentstrokes.blogspot.com
My blog is a journal chronolizing my attempt with my band to break into the music business.The journal is from my standpoint.Although, I talk about alot of personal things as well.
Anyway, please keep in touch.Take care.
ps. my high school was called St.Emma Military Academy, in Powhatan Virginia, and it was the only all Black military school in the world...
lovingly,Charlie Tee :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home