.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, June 23, 2006

RE: Strother sails by...

Thanks for the drive-by posting.

You're welcome. Just a few thoughts in addition to what I already said... and that’s all, folks.

RE: The Dixie Chicks...

How does one of the biggest country music successes of the last decade repair this damage? Who knows, and it probably can't be done anyway.

All the sound and fury is there to generate publicity and, as any good publicist will tell you, there is no such thing as bad publicity

Wrong, any publicity is not good publicity — not if it's bad for you. In this case, it has sold a lot of supermarket trash-rags, but not nearly enough DC albums and concert tickets.

RE: Sexist Trinity...

Oh, yeah. I think that the supposed reason behind the Presbyterian Legislative Committee's proposal is silly. I personally find nothing sexist about 'Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.' If you do, you're really looking for something. But I don't have a problem with the concept of religious entities adopting alternate phrasings and words to explain the faith to the new, uninitiated, and/or uninterested. Sometimes newer tools and approaches make evangelism more effective, right?

All I have to do is say something negative about the sacred religion of public education and I'll have Bullinses and Millers crawling all over me.

Not me, dude. I’ll always admit its faults.

RE: Murtha's Second Act...

Still defending those liberal, Democrat icons Strother? I know, you just can't help yourself, it must be in your chromosomes. I noticed you chose not to respond to anything I had to say about Murtha, but ran immediately to the defense of Our Lady of the Thick Ankles.

Ha. Just so you know, I won’t vote for Ms. Clinton, even if she is the best thing the Dems have for ’08. Let’s all hope that’s not the case. She couldn’t win a presidential election, anyway.

Whether Dem, Rep, or something else, having nothing but bad choices on the ballot isn’t good for anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home