.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

2 against 1

Oh, no! I've been cornered! Oh, well — one at a time.

First, Steve:

Riding to the rescue of someone from the music industry again, Strother? You're getting predictable.

We're all predictable! The origin of this thread was predictable. Tanya's 'Liberals are hypocrites' was predictable. Etc., etc. But actually, Virgin Records didn't even cross my mind; in this case I only thought about his airline. Plus, I really enjoy the sport of watching Branson — a polite British 'Trump' with better hair who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty — do his thing.

Are you still singing that song? (Limbaugh is a hypocritical addict)

Hey, Tanya's thesis was about liberal hypocrites. Just throwing in a 'Conservative' to point out that they're everywhere and smell especially rotten when damning others for the same nasty (and illegal) habits they have no problem doing in private (and until they're caught).

You should probably check this stuff out before you fire a salvo... Saunders has a long history of right-wing punditry, going back to before townhall.com existed, so your claim that she is just another ink-whore is probably specious.

Every professional writer specializes in something to get paid. It's a job, and if right-wing punditry wasn't profitable enough for her, I'm sure she'd find something else to appear to be worked up about.

Tanya:

Now, if liberals were in power, they would be scary.

Steve would probably tell you that 'Liberals' are in power. Scared now?

...if you're a tree hugger, you better be driving one of those Flintstones cars if you want me to take you seriously.

So, in the meantime, those who live their lives comfortably and as usual while encouraging solutions for emerging problems can expect to be called hypocrites? I don't think that conservatism is supposed to include technological stagnation. Hopefully there aren't too many thinkers like you in R&D departments.

Rush would be a hypocrite if he was STILL using Oxycontin. Rush should be commended for admitting to his problem and going to rehab to clean himself up.

Yay for Mr. Clean. So he was a hypocrite, one who continues to support the War On Drugs and jail time for illegal drug users? Considering that he did his best to dodge the slammer, I assume that he's still a hypocrite. It would be most admirable (and understandable) if he publicly updated his opinion regarding that particular issue, but knowing how his target audience generally dislikes flip-floppers and backsliders, I doubt that he'd make that publicly known.

I like how you like to take cheap shots at ALL conservative women; if it's not me or Ann Coulter, it's now Debra J. Saunders. You don't like independent thinking women, Strother? Are we a threat to you? If you think that's funny, then you should get a good idea about how I feel when I read some of your posts.

Whoa, Nelly. Huh? It never has crossed my mind to disagree with you because you're a woman. I disagree with you because I disagree with you. Same goes for Coulter and whoever this Saunders chick is. (If Saunders was a male, I would've probably just said, 'whoever this Saunders dude is — please don't be offended by the 'c' word). You can rest assured that when I disagree with you, it has absolutely nothing to do with your sex. Wow, I'm surprised by that one. What are you smoking over there at RJR that's making you so paranoid? No, don't tell me. But regarding independent thinking women, I'm married to one and like her more than just a bit. Hopefully that clears that one up. Maybe the 'drinks on Branson's Lear' bothered you; that was meant to address the nature of journalists (they are free drink hounds). ...I feel silly even explaining this one. Next.

It's good that you're learning something.

Ah, so Ahnold is a liberal! Well, I guess that the rule illustrated today is that 'Liberals' admit that they waste gas in their Hummers, and 'Conservatives' never will (and/or don't give a damn).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home