.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

RE: Women call off Colombia sex ban

I was going to ask if this was tit-for-tat for the Duke rape case article, but that would have been in very poor taste, so I won't.

But I can't help noting that these women resorted to using the only weapon they really have available to them. It is the human comedy writ large.

I think calling it noble is a little over the top. We also don't know whether that was what really stopped the feud or not. I really doubt it. I'm sure the Colombian gang leaders have a lot more on their minds than the fact that their chicas aren't putting out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home