.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Is Strother a wuss? :)

Strother -> "And there you go. 'Yeah, being in Iraq was probably a mistake, but I don't have the courage to say it. I must speak loyally of the team.'"

Since my team is the United States of America, yeah, I will speak loyally of my team. Why do liberals like yourself call yourselves "progressives" when on domestic policy, you view this country like we're living in the Great Depression and on foreign policy, you view this country like we're going through Vietnam. Like your quote above, you're still stuck on 2003 when we went into Iraq. I'm focused on today and the future.

-> "The only reason why we should stay in Iraq is because we demolished their infrastructure and we owe it to them to rebuild it — that is if the Iraqi people even want our "help" anymore."

There you go again, "we demolished their infrastructure" and it's all our fault. Since the jihadists are the culprits in demolishing Iraq's infrastructure, it would be nice if you had the courage to blame them for once, not America.

-> "The more I read what you write, the more I'm convinced that you're a nationalist rather than a conservative."

I'm a proud American first and foremost. The more I read what you write, the more I'm convinced you are a wuss. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home