.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Barker Says O'Donnell Could Replace Him

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.

"I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

My dad would be devastated if this became so... He would have to find something else to watch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD !!!!! NOOOOOOOO ! I believe Rosie needs soom help...she seem very bitter and alittle lost. She has not been a verry good roll model for her children or anyone else. She seem to want to FIGHT about everything. Please she does not deserve this postion at this time in her life. I believe she needs some serious self examination and alot more God in her life....possibly a medication evaluation....I hope she finds some peace.....

Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home