.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

King gets complaints of discolored, smelly water

KING (Winston-Salem Journal) - State officials are testing the city of King’s water system after complaints of discolored and smelly tap water.

After getting several calls this week from customers complaining about their water, city officials called in officials with the N.C. Division of Water Quality to run tests, City Manager John Cater said.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

King has some of the WORST water in NC; I knew that already!! LOL People call it cancer water!! I'm telling you its horrible!!

I know our water in the morning when we turn it on in the bathroom stinks; it smelled like sewage. It was gross!! We let it run for like 5 minutes and it goes away...

It's gross!! I'm telling you its just plain nasty!! I hate King Water. I wouldn't drink it... I bought bottled water...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King's water intake is the Yadkin River, and it is downstream of just about every other water supply in the Piedmont. At one time I think there was some discussion that King's intake was technically too close to someone else's sewer outlet, but I don't remember the details. I also seem to recall that their treatment plant was badly under-sized and over-worked. I don't know if they fixed it or not.

I wouldn't drink anything out of the Yadkin River anyway, no matter how much someone told me it was purified.

Stokes County has a serious groundwater problem anyway. Most of the Southern part of the County has sulfur and molybdenum deposits that make the water smell and taste bad. The Northern part of the County has some areas of high arsenic concentrations in the bedrock. I would still prefer that to Greensboro city water, though. No matter what you do to it, it always tastes like butt.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One more GREAT reason I moved out of KING!!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And this is yet another GREAT reason I moved out of KING!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home