.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Jimmy Carter hints at Obama support

(TheDailyVoice.com) - Former president Jimmy Carter, the only living Democratic president other than Bill Clinton, has hinted that he will support Barack Obama for president. Carter, a superdelegate, dropped the hint during an interview with an African news outlet in Nigeria.

During a media interaction following the Carter Center Awards in Abuja, Nigeria, the former president did not endorse Obama but indicated that his family and his state were supporting the Illinois senator for president.

"We are very interested in the primaries," Carter said. "Don't forget that Obama won in my state of Georgia. My town which is home to 625 people is for Obama, my children and their spouses are pro- Obama. My grandchildren are also pro- Obama. As a superdelegate, I would not disclose who I am rooting for, but I leave you to make that guess," he said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine Obama's people are now working feverishly to get Carter to reconsider, or at least keep quiet about it he won't.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home