.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

'I've had it': Elizabeth and John Edwards legally separate

(Los Angeles Times) - Elizabeth Edwards has had just about enough, thank you -- she and husband John Edwards, the former senator, one-time vice presidential candidate and two-time (and two-timing) presidential hopeful, have legally separated after 32 years of marriage and are living in different homes.

According to Elizabeth's sister Nancy Anania, speaking to People, "She said, 'I've had it. I can't do this. I want my life back.' " Elizabeth is staying in the couple's Chapel Hill, N.C., mansion and John is 160 miles away at their beach house.

"It is an extraordinarily sad moment, but I love my children more than anything and still care deeply about Elizabeth," John Edwards said today in a statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home