.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Obama Blames Congress: ‘I Didn’t Make a Bunch of Deals’ to Pass Health Reform



"I think that this gets into a big mush. So, let's just clarify: I didn't make a bunch of deals. There is a legislative process that is taking place in Congress and I am happy to own up to the fact that I have not changed Congress and how it operates the way I would have liked. So, that's point number one. Number two is that, I think, it is important to know that the promises we made about increased transparency we've executed here in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home