.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Rush Limbaugh: I know I'll be destroyed eventually

Radio giant fears not only for his life, but also his wealth, accomplishments

(By Joe Kovacs, World Net Daily) - He's the most-listened-to personality in the history of U.S. radio, but Rush Limbaugh feared for his life recently and said he knows he faces destruction at some point, to the delight of some of the American public.

In an e-mail sent to Zev Chafets, author of the new book "Rush Limbaugh: An Army of One," Limbaugh admitted, "I know I am a target and I know I will be destroyed eventually. I fear that all I have accomplished and all the wealth I have accumulated will be taken from me, to the cheers of the crowd. I know I am hated and despised by the American Left."

The message was sent the day after President Obama laughed at comedian Wanda Sykes' joke about Limbaugh's death during last year's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home