.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Is Liberalism Killing the Manly Man?

(By Steven Crowder, FoxNews.com) - Is liberalism killing the real masculine male? It seems that way. Keep in mind here, that when I say “man,” I’m not talking about the clichéd manly man who throws back macro-brews, chases skirts and scratches himself in public. By “real” I don’t mean someone who has to be tough, brawny or even rough around the edges.

I’m speaking about the ideal of manhood that young boys have upheld in their hearts and minds for generations. I’m speaking of course… of Matlock. The man could car chase like it was nobody’s business.

In all seriousness, my father (like most fathers) always taught me that a man is someone who stands by his principles, someone who lives with integrity and puts his family before himself. That last one is important, because as a young boy, it’s your pops who provides you with security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home