WINSTON-SALEM, NC (WGHP) — A fire that destroyed the main building at the 109 U Pull It salvage yard on Thomasville Rd. Friday was caused after an employee cut an exhaust pipe from a vehicle.
Fire crews responded to 3459 Thomasville Rd. shortly after 1 p.m. Owner Robert Young said an employee was cutting an exhaust pipe from under a vehicle which caused a spark and ignited the fire.
The fire quickly spread and 25 employees inside the building were evacuated. Young said the entire building and garage is destroyed. No one was injured.
Young also said "300-400 engines" were lost in the fire.