.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

ESPN's Jalen Rose: “I Hated Duke. I Felt Like They Only Recruited Black Players That Were Uncle Toms.”

(By Dan Fogarty, SportsGrid) - ESPN’s Jalen Rose appeared on 'First Take' this morning to discuss 30 for 30’s Fab Five documentary. During the segment, ESPN producers showed a very interesting clip from the film, wherein Rose said, “For me, Duke was personal. I hated Duke. And I hated everything I felt Duke stood for. Schools like Duke didn’t recruit players like me. I felt like they only recruited black players that were Uncle Toms.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home