.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Donald Trump Explains Shocking Poll Results To Rush Limbaugh: ‘People Respond To My Message’

(By Jon Bershad, Mediaite) - Donald Trump joined Rush Limbaugh via phone [last Friday] and talked with him for 17 solid minutes. The conversation broached many subjects and, while it was a good interview, perhaps the most interesting note is what they 'didn’t' talk about. Not once during the call did the subject of President Obama’s birth come up. Trump’s investigators in Hawaii must feel so insulted.



Donald Trump: “I’ve dealt with Democrats and Republicans all my life and somebody said, ‘Oh, do you have much experience politically?’ You know what? I’ve dealt, and you understand this better than anybody, I’ve dealt with politicians all of my life. I’ve also dealt with foreign countries. I’m doing jobs all over the world. I’ve dealt with foreign countries for long periods of time. The fact is, I think that somebody that got along with the Democrats, and I do get along- and you know that could change instantaneously, you understand that. You know, in the old days, across the aisle wasn’t the worst thing. People got along. Today, the level of hatred- and I’m the most militaristic guy there is if they treat me improperly, but I think having a bit of a relationship with the other side of the aisle isn’t a bad thing. Deals can be made.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home