.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rahm Emanuel Storms Out of Interview After Being Asked About Kids’ School

(By Jonathon M. Seidl, The Blaze) - Rahm Emanuel has an historically hot temper. That was evident yesterday during an interview with NBC Chicago’s Mary Ann Ahern, when he got testy with a local reporter who decided to push him about his decision to send his kids to private, not public, school.

“Mary Ann, let me break the news to you. My children are not in a public position,” he said in a stern way. “I am. You’re asking me a value statement and not a policy. … No, no, you have to appreciate this. My children are not an instrument of me being mayor. My children are my children, and that may be news to you, and that may be new to you, Mary Ann, but you have to understand that I’m making this decision as a father.”

After Ahern continued to press him on the issue, Emanuel got so flustered he stood up, took off his mic, dropped it on the floor, and walked away, even though Ahern implored him to stay and talk:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home