.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

CAFTA & NAFTA

No, Steve, I support CAFTA because I believe in free & fair trade. It has nothing to do with being a conservative Republican or that Dubya is president. ... I don't drink GOP kool-aid, my friend. ... With that said, I do accept your compliment of calling me "young."

I still support NAFTA. Yes, North Carolina lost many factory jobs, but I believe those jobs would have left anyway regardless of NAFTA. ... Let's fact it, us Americans are to be blamed for the loss of those jobs because we want quality goods for a cheap price. ... If we would start buying American, then those jobs would come back over here to the good ol' USA. ... These companies are making a market decision to stay in business. ... If some person can make the same quality product for 5 cents an hour compared to a worker over here making the same product for $7 bucks an hour, which product is the average American going to buy???

The problem with the North Carolina economy is the boobs in Raleigh raising taxes and adding more layers of regulation.

Now, I agree that we should add tariffs to goods coming in here from other countries if they're adding tariffs on our stuff going there. ... Call it "an eye for an eye" trade policy.

In the end, free trade is good for us, the consumer. ... Just my opinion.

Salute

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home