.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

RE: RE: Priorities

Whoa! You read WAY more into my post than what I intended. I was actually trying to make a pretty simple point and you blew it out of proportion.

Actually, I didn't. You referred to what you and Strother had been saying "all along." I simply combined what you posted with your past assertions and attitudes. If you have since had an epiphany and decided to join the ranks of the conservatives, then I apologize and say, "Welcome!"

Instead of taking one's word at face-value, we try to read into it what we believe a person is saying based on their political party.

I wouldn't have any idea what your political party might be. I could make an educated guess, but it would just as likely be wrong. I don't need to read anything into what you are saying. You have been perfectly clear on your beliefs in the past. See above for my caveat on intervening epiphanies.

I'm not trying to push my beliefs on anyone.

You were not so accused, counsellor. However, when you go out and vote for liberals, you are, in effect, "pushing" your beliefs on everybody, as is everyone who votes. But this forum isn't about pushing beliefs on anyone. That would be impossible anyway from this venue. This forum is about point and counterpoint. This forum is about the presentation of ideas so that consumers of it can be enlightened and make up their own minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home