.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, December 02, 2005

RE: Say what???

Robert W. Mitchell opines:

Come on Andy - you sound a bit sensitive. Your post reminds me of that rehearsed poppycock spewing from the mouths of Washington politicians trying to one-up each other on who is more patriotic or the better troop defender. Did you really read B's post that way? I just have trouble dealing with babble that seems as put on and pretend as Howard Dean chocking back tears and telling us about what Christ has done in his life.

Just my opinion. Perhaps I can conduct BP sensitivity training. If I can claim to be 50 miles away, I can qualify as an "expert" according to Stokes Co. schools.

Robert
In an e-mail or post, it’s hard to determine what kind of emotion the poster is having as they type away. This is nothing personal against Behethland because she knows I love her to death, and if I told her those comments face-to-face, it wouldn’t appear that I was being “a bit sensitive.”

What’s posted on the BP isn’t “babble” or “rehearsed poppycock;” it’s people speaking their conscience. Since you have been a politician during the past 3 election cycles, I would assume you know a thing or two about “babble” and “rehearsed poppycock.” :-)

The BP doesn’t need any sensitivity training; we’re all grown-ups on the board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home