.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, March 24, 2006

RE: Bush, Frist differ over immigration

"If you are doing a job that Americans won't do, you're welcome here for a period of time to do that job."

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm beginning to suspect Bush might actually be somewhat retarded.

...but his focus is on the main concern expressed by the social conservatives - national security.

Yet Bush has nothing on Bill Frist in the public moron department. Please, someone explain to me how being concerned about national security makes one a social conservative.

"When we discuss this debate, it must be done in a civil way,"

This one is pretty opaque to me, but I suspect it might be Bush's version of, "Can't we all just get along?"

"It must be done in a way that brings dignity to the process. It must be done in a way that doesn't pit people against another."

Ok, I have this one. Translation: "Don't you dare use any logic or reason on me, because I can't handle it and I'll embarrass myself. And you should just agree with me anyway. I'm the President, don't you know?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home