.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

RE: Who's More Pathetic?

I don't know who's more pathetic: our President or his few remaining defenders such as Ingraham and everybody's favorite OxyContin-chewing hypocritical drug addict, Rush Limbaugh.
Since I defend him on occasion, I assume you believe I'm pathetic too. :-)


I saw the Today interview described below, and in defending Bush while blaming the current state of the quagmire (impending civil war in Iraq) on the American press, Ingraham expertly played the role of the angry, irrational moron.
If I got my news from the "old" media outlets, I would believe Iraq was in a civil war and our American soldiers were big boobs. Ingraham's point was that instead of reporting from a hotel balcony in Baghdad, they need to go out through the country and talk to our soldiers and Iraqi citizens like she did when she was recently in Iraq.


She probably did more harm for her (questionable) cause than good.
Nah... Since it appears the "old" media is being rather defensive about it today, she did alright.


But hey, at least she got paid for the appearance, right?
I don't know if she got paid or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home