.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

RE: Brunstetter-Joines tie is an issue in the 31st

I guess that's all you can come up with when you're a newbie politician with no sense, no appeal, and no voting record: just talk to the voting public like they're a bunch of morons. It's no wonder politicians frequently end up becoming dirty. To win the first time around, you have to manipulate your base with bullsh*t.
In my opinion it's smart political strategy... According to the article, Tabor got the biggest applause at the forum because of it. Granted, I don't know how many pro-Tabor people were the ones applauding, but still, it did make the news.


This Nathan Tabor seems like one silly kid. Note I said 'kid' — he's the same age that I am, yet he seems to be missing valuable life experience.
Sadly, since I'm the same age as you & Tabor, I no longer consider myself a kid (I wish I did though.) With that said, who's to say he hasn't had a valuable life experience???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home