.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

RE: Rush on 'Doing Drugs'

Rush Limbaugh, political pundit and former consumer of huge amounts of illegally-obtained Oxycontin, on his radio show on Oct. 5, 1995.

Ok, Strother, so he didn't practice what he preached. I believe I granted you that. I think you're way over the top with the "huge amounts" business, but you can have that. In any case, you're still dodging my challenge to defend your original post on the subject and the implicit bashing of the Christian Right therein. And I still stand behind my assertion that both cases are a tempest in a teapot.

And you still have your pantyhose in an unbalanced wad over right-wing pundits. I eagerly await your reaction to the next drool-encrusted uttering from one of Limbaugh's peers on the left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home