.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

'Foxx Country' Mentality

Since you are a moderate/liberal Democrat, I understand your displeasure towards Foxx. If I recall, you were upset with her when she wanted to make English the official language in America

Actually, I'm registered unaffiliated; I'm 'moderate/liberal' depending on the subject and/or who's judging me. And I wasn't 'upset' with Foxx about her goal of making English the official language in America. I just felt that, at the time when she was making headlines with that exercise in futility, we had bigger fish to fry. Instead, she felt the need to kowtow to her base who'd rather worry about election day fodder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home