.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

RE: 2 against 1

->So, in the meantime, those who live their lives comfortably and as usual while encouraging solutions for emerging problems can expect to be called hypocrites? I don't think that conservatism is supposed to include technological stagnation. Hopefully there aren't too many thinkers like you in R&D departments.

No, that's not what I meant. If Branson wants to use his money that way, then more power to him; at least he's not going around preaching doom & gloom like Gore is. I'm talking about the environmentalists who consider oil companies, car companies, etc. evil while they do more to pollute the environment than we do.

-> Yay for Mr. Clean. So he was a hypocrite, one who continues to support the War On Drugs and jail time for illegal drug users? Considering that he did his best to dodge the slammer, I assume that he's still a hypocrite. It would be most admirable (and understandable) if he publicly updated his opinion regarding that particular issue, but knowing how his target audience generally dislikes flip-floppers and backsliders, I doubt that he'd make that publicly known.

Do you have proof that Rush was taking illegal prescription drugs while he was supporting the War on Drugs and jail time for illegal drug users? Do you even listen to Rush? I'm assuming you listen to Rush about as much as I would consider listening to Air America. I've heard Rush say good things about the people he was in rehab with, and I've never heard him personally say "throw all druggies in jail."

-> Whoa, Nelly. Huh? It never has crossed my mind to disagree with you because you're a woman. I disagree with you because I disagree with you. Same goes for Coulter and whoever this Saunders chick is. You can rest assured that when I disagree with you, it has absolutely nothing to do with your sex. Wow, I'm surprised by that one.

I do believe you become more verbally aggressive on here when it's a post related to a conservative woman. Mr. Brenneis & Andy have brought up the fact on different occasions that you get the most agitated when there is an Ann Coulter article on here. Also, you pretty much told me to take a hike when I posted the article on the Duke rape case. You seem to lose your cool when a woman questions you.

-> But regarding independent thinking women, I'm married to one and like her more than just a bit. Hopefully that clears that one up.

So, your wife is a conservative?

-> Well, I guess that the rule illustrated today is that 'Liberals' admit that they waste gas in their Hummers, and 'Conservatives' never will (and/or don't give a damn).

"True" conservatives like to practice what they preach; liberals do not. (FYI, I drive a SUV; what do you and your wife drive, Strother?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home