.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

RE: RE: Giuliani Defends Clinton on 9/11 Efforts

Strother opines: "So instead, he should play politics as usual? Maybe Giuliani is choosing not to play politics and wants to simply be honest. You regularly say, 'Speak your conscience,' right? Well, good for him. Screw any primary voters who get silly about a man being honest about what he thinks."

I didn't say no such thing... The only thing I said was, "I'm sure this will go over well with a GOP primary voter." Yes, I always say, "Speak your conscience," but that doesn't mean I'm going to agree with it. You're getting testy with me and Tanya for some reason this week... Ha! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home