.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, October 13, 2006

RE: RE: In which Tanya thanks Steve for making the case for Prozac

Steve -> "I guess you prefer the snake oil approach. Sorry, I work from reality and rationalism (Remember them? You were the one who invoked them). You'll have to find someone else to tell you soothing lies."

I actually agree most of the time with the substance of what you say. I was just trying to say that the substance of what you say gets lost when you call people names and such. Your posts come across as longwinded rants and it gives me a headache.

-> "You also failed at making the argument for an equivalence between my dislike for Bush and that of the radical left. I doubt you will find anyone from MoveOn.org giving you the reasons I did. I promise you that no one from MoveOn.org will accuse Bush of being a closet leftist, as I have repeatedly done. In any case, creating simplistic and jingoistic equivalences like that is the next to last resort of a lost argument."

The words that you use against Bush about the War in Iraq sounds like something from MoveOn.org and Air America. I do consider you a Bush Hater.

-> "And ad hominem and name-calling are the last resorts of a lost argument."

I give what you dish out on here on a routine basis. I'm sure that most of the people who read this board will say that you ad hominem and name call all the time. I don't want to call you names because we agree on much more than we disagree about, but if you tick me off, I'm going to fire back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home