.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

NCAA set to eliminate I-A, I-AA labels

By Tommy Bowman
Winston-Salem Journal

Appalachian State will go down in history as the last team to win an NCAA Division I-AA championship, technically speaking.

The NCAA is ending the use of the designations I-A and I-AA for Division I football teams. The move was approved last August by the NCAA's board of directors but won't officially go into effect until Dec. 15, although the new and supposedly improved labels are now being used in conjunction with the start of the I-AA playoffs.

The NCAA is renaming Division I-A the Football Bowl Subdivision and renaming I-AA the Football Championship Subdivision. The NCAA will now call the I-AA playoffs the NCAA Division I Football Championship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home