.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, January 12, 2007

RE: DEMS BURN A 'KIDLESS' RICE

The unflappable Rice responded at the packed hearing that she well understood the sacrifice of service members and families. "I visit them. I know what they're going through," said Rice, who has never been married and has no children. "I talk to their families. I see it. I could never and I can never do anything to replace any of those lost men and women in uniform, or the diplomats, some of whom . . ."
At that point, Boxer cut her off. "Madam Secretary, please," Boxer said. "I know you feel terrible about it. That's not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the price for your decisions."


Is anyone surprised that an unattached, childless US government official is being strategically pressed on supporting the deployment of more American sons, daughters, husbands, and wives to this losing proposition in Iraq? It's simple politics, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home