.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Role Model

(Fox News) - Former longtime ABC News correspondent and anchor Carole Simpson is being accused of setting a poor example for the journalism students she now teaches at Emerson College in Boston.

Simpson took her class to a Hillary Clinton rally and then said to Clinton and the audience — "I want to tell you tonight, because I happen to be here with my students, that I endorse you for president of the United States. It's very freeing now that I'm not a journalist and I can speak my mind, and I wanted you to know I think you are the woman, and I think this is the time."

The professor who teaches the course with Simpson immediately told her the comments were inappropriate. Simpson then offered to resign, but the school declined. She now admits she made a mistake. But Simpson is considering an offer to appear at campaign events on behalf of Senator Clinton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home