.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Election Issue

By Steve Brenneis
Ars Mens Mentis

Greensboro, NC city water tastes like butt.

No, I've never actually tasted anyone's butt, but I can imagine what it would taste like if I did.

I think that one of the candidates for local office should make this an election issue. I would vote for anyone who said they would make the water taste like water, or better yet, have no taste at all. One of the candidates should run a TV ad that says, "I will make the water stop tasting like butt." I think it's a winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home