.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

US Senate hopeful regrets telling voters 'I'm not a witch'

(Breitbart) - The Republican US Senate candidate in Delaware, Christine O'Donnell, said in an interview broadcast Thursday that she regretted a campaign commercial in which she proclaimed "I'm not a witch."

O'Donnell, a favorite of the arch-conservative "Tea Party" movement, told ABC television she had hoped the ad would kill off a controversy over comments she made in the 1990s that she "dabbled into witchcraft."

"I haven't publicly stated this, and I don't know if I'll get in trouble for saying it, but our intention was to kill it, and that's not what happened," she told the network.

O'Donnell, who trails her Democratic rival Chris Coons in polls some 10 days before the November 2 election, said she hoped voters will think "this is a woman who wants to lower our taxes" not "this is a woman who is not a witch."

She also joked that she had crossed off one costume for Halloween, telling ABC: "I can tell you I certainly am not going to be a witch."

Instead, "I was thinking about just going as Dorothy," she said, referring to the heroine from "The Wizard of Oz." "I killed the witch. There you go."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home