.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Donald Trump Challenges Charles Krauthammer In Personal Phone Call

(By Frances Martel, Mediaite) - Some may suggest that Donald Trump has managed to keep the news cycle in a stranglehold for the past month or so based solely on “trainwreck” shock value, but these are the moments that defy that thesis: after Fox News commentator Charles Krauthammer complained of Trump’s destructive, “vulgar” tendencies and compared him to Al Sharpton, Trump took the time to make his case as a serious candidate to Krauthammer in a personal phone call.



Charles Krauthammer: "It was a surprise, and when my secretary told me, I put on a helmet and a flak jacket as I answered the phone. I expected a tirade, which he had every right to do given what I have been saying about him. In fact, he was courteous but very calm, and he made his case, rather than sort of attacking everything I said about him. Simply, he made his case: “I’m a serious businessman, I’m a serious candidate.”"

Related Material...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home