.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bully Pulpit

The term "bully pulpit" stems from President Theodore Roosevelt's reference to the White House as a "bully pulpit," meaning a terrific platform from which to persuasively advocate an agenda. Roosevelt often used the word "bully" as an adjective meaning superb/wonderful. The Bully Pulpit features news, reasoned discourse, opinion and some humor.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Conservative Gov Rick Perry (R-TX) Sounds Optimistic Tone on Economic Outlook

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry, all but certain to enter the GOP presidential race, on Wednesday called the country's economic turmoil a national nightmare but said better times are coming.

"Some out there may say that we're seeing America in decline, but I don't believe that," Perry said, striking an optimistic tone befitting a full-fledged White House candidate. "I know our country's best days are still ahead of us. I believe in this country because I believe in Americans."

"I believe that even in this, one of our darkest hours, I'll tell you this West Texas optimist sees our brightest hour as just around the corner," Perry added.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home